Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is God real?
09-30-2014, 08:49 PM
Is God real?
This question surprises me, especially within the context of knowing the answer in light of what WBR shares so eloquently in his writings. Not taking his word for it but having had my own experience of meeting up with God (i.e. my Higher Self connected to Source (i.e. God)) Would love to know, as my take on who God is - is to first realize the word God is too small a word for the "All of Everything" as the word Source fits the concept more realistically - as all comes from Source and all return to Source. Is that a correct interpretation based on WBR material or did I miss something? I have no one to talk to about this and was thrilled to discover this venue for sharing. Have read the ILLIAD's The Secret of Light & on my second reading of the year long course, could not get through The Universal One, well I take that back I did read it but admit I did not comprehend it as well as The Secret of Light.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-07-2014, 03:18 PM (This post was last modified: 02-10-2015 11:00 AM by Leonardo.)
RE: Is God real?
Welcome. You are the first actual person to post here besides me (the moderator). I put this topic out there because I wanted to keep these kinds of questions in one place. For most of us (assuming there will be more), I think we know there is a God and so this has been put to rest.

But for more people that are searching, this is a viable question and one I hope we can help to answer.

I hope this turns out to be a good place to meet and share ideas. And here is one now. I found that I needed to read the Message of the Divine Iliad (I and II) and The Secret of Light twice (all of them) before I could really follow The Universal One, but after some time, I found I understood almost everything I read in it. I believe I will understand it to a finer degree over the next few years too. I am getting ready to start the Home Study Course, so I am not qualified to comment on it.

Apparently there are some differences between the information presented in The Universal One and Atomic Suicide. Matt Presti was telling me about it, but I have not read Atomic Suicide yet.

In any case, welcome and please help us to form a community.

Tim Gillespie
Webmaster
[Image: The-Wave-200c.png]
10-08-2014, 06:35 AM
Great to join you both for this discussion. On page 107 of "Atomic Suicide?" is the chapter called "We Define God." To date, no other definition of the Creator has come as close as this one imo. Using Western scientific terms and descriptions, the chapter will certainly make you understand "what" exactly God is from the combined joint experiences of the authors, Walter and Lao Russell, respectively. A thrilling read and I know of no other chapter in human history written by this title. Their direct experience of the light of mind comes right through this chapter. One could say this is a much needed upgrade to understanding "what" God is. No holy book as of yet has been able to sufficiently define God to this degree and with such clarity. There are many names for the One. I have produced a video on this topic which may assist in presenting a new understanding of the Creator using quotes from the Russell's as well as other illumined individuals.

Despite all the words invented to convey the idea of Universal mind and God, Creator etc, there are no words that will ever come close to the direct experience of the Creator itself. Once one has experienced the Divine directly, the simplicity of Creation is revealed. And the simplest story is the hardest one to tell. Looking forward to many more discussions to come. Thanks again Tim for starting this forum.

www.Philosophy.org
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
10-08-2014, 03:48 PM
Nice Matt!

Tim Gillespie
Webmaster
[Image: The-Wave-200c.png]
10-08-2014, 05:00 PM
Hello to all, thanks Matt for the link. I AM the nameless One, without division, (space) without change, (time). ONE without number, the Monad, beyond all numeration and number, experience without separation!

"From the One to the One"
10-08-2014, 08:11 PM
Lightbulb RE: Is God real?
Of course God is real does the ego think it created all.God is the energy source of all and thus the creator of all. The wave theory of Dr Russell explains how God creates and in my simple mind is the best description of how gods creations are formed and projected
10-10-2014, 12:46 PM
Lightbulb RE: Is God real?
Great question and it may be one of the oldest questions in history.

Yes and no depending on your belief system. In the broadest perspective...
God only exists in one place and that is in language. Also what generally is considered a test for reality for our "human senses" is, it occupies three dimensional space, it takes time to experience and it has others who can claim witness. So if "God" can appear as something solid witnessed on Utube or in your car with your friends, then what most call "God" does not exist nor is real.

On the other hand we have the paranormal, standard science, noetic science and Russelian science that have different viewpoints about what a being that is God, the One, Allah, the still white light is. This is where we find ourselves today with so many agreeing or disagreeing as to who or what God is and does this being exist.

Its all thoughts then translated to words. Belief and faith transcends words, still notice I had to use words to convey NOT using words. Interesting word dilemma here, by posing a seemingly simple question you can see how deep this can go.

Perhaps posing the question "Is God Real To You"? will help produce more personal clarified answers.

If not, we arrive back full circle.. Is God real?...the only logical answer has to be, Yes and No , depending upon your belief system.

Thanks for providing such a great forum here.

Brian Idea
10-10-2014, 01:19 PM
(10-10-2014 12:46 PM)Brian Van Korn Wrote:  Great question and it may be one of the oldest questions in history.

Yes and no depending on your belief system. In the broadest perspective...
God only exists in one place and that is in language. Also what generally is considered a test for reality for our "human senses" is, it occupies three dimensional space, it takes time to experience and it has others who can claim witness. So if "God" can appear as something solid witnessed on Utube or in your car with your friends, then what most call "God" does not exist nor is real.

On the other hand we have the paranormal, standard science, noetic science and Russelian science that have different viewpoints about what a being that is God, the One, Allah, the still white light is. This is where we find ourselves today with so many agreeing or disagreeing as to who or what God is and does this being exist.

Its all thoughts then translated to words. Belief and faith transcends words, still notice I had to use words to convey NOT using words. Interesting word dilemma here, by posing a seemingly simple question you can see how deep this can go.

Perhaps posing the question "Is God Real To You"? will help produce more personal clarified answers.

If not, we arrive back full circle.. Is God real?...the only logical answer has to be, Yes and No , depending upon your belief system.

Thanks for providing such a great forum here.

Brian Idea

We could also pose the question, what is really real? If words are but symbols conveying experiences, then do they really convey reality? The experience of what is really God (the nameless ONE) or "real" is wordless.

Jimi Hendrix - "Are you experienced?"

Brian Van Korn - "Silence loves me this I know because the silence..."

Welcome aboard Brian!

www.Philosophy.org
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
03-14-2015, 11:20 AM
I like the description of OSHO on existence of God. It goes like this -

God is a mythical word, a mumbo-jumbo word that is the invention of the priesthood. Actually, to ask whether God exists is absurd. For those who know, God is existence, or existence is God.
Things exist, not God. A chair exists because a chair can go into nonexistence. To say that the chair exists is meaningful because its nonexistence is possible.

God is existence, the very isness. When we say God exists we create something out of the word God, then God becomes a thing. But God is not a thing, nor is God a person. That is why you cannot make him responsible for anything. Responsibility only comes when there is a personality, when there is someone who can be responsible.

God is not a person, he is pure existence. The word is misleading because the word personifies. It is better to use the word existence. The totality of existence is God.

So it cannot be asked whether God exists. That is like asking whether existence exists. Put this way - whether existence exists - the question becomes absurd.

Obviously existence exists; there is no question about it. The question cannot even exist if there is no existence, nor can the questioner.

I would like to make it clear that when I say God, I mean existence as such. God is not a thing among other things, God is total thingness.

To say that the table exists is the same as saying that the table is God. To say that you exist is the same as saying that you are God. God is the existence. God is isness, the quality of isness, the quality of existence.

First of all, God is not a thing. Secondly, God is not a person because the total cannot be a person. Personality is a relationship. Alone, totally alone, you will not be a person at all, you will be existence itself. That is why those who are seeking the divine tend to go into loneliness. In this way, they can cease to be persons and can become one with existence. Aloneness, absolute aloneness, is a step toward jumping into the abyss of existence.

God is not a person because there is nothing opposite to him, nothing distinct from him. God cannot say ā€œIā€ because there is no other that exists as thou. He cannot be related to anyone. He is the whole, so all relationships exist in him and cannot exist beyond him.

So if God is not a person, there is no question of any responsibility. If evil exists, it exists. No one is responsible for it. The total cannot be responsible for it.

OSHO,
The Great Challenge,
Chapter 8: God Is Existence Itself
03-28-2015, 04:57 AM (This post was last modified: 10-27-2015 08:19 PM by JustGeorge.)
deleted.