The Walter and Lao Russell Forum

Full Version: Baha Prophecy about "Divine Philosophy" for 'Transmutation of Elements'
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Bahaullah the founder of Baha religion made a prophecy which goes like this -

"The second sign refers to the emergence of a "divine philosophy" which will include the discovery of a radical approach to the transmutation of elements:

"Consider the doubts which they who have joined partners with God have instilled into the hearts of the people of this land. “Is it ever possible,” they ask, “for copper to be transmuted into gold?” Say, Yes, by my Lord, it is possible. Its secret, however, lieth hidden in Our Knowledge. We will reveal it unto whom We will. Whoso doubteth Our power, let him ask the Lord his God, that He may disclose unto him the secret, and assure him of its truth. That copper can be turned into gold is in itself sufficient proof that gold can, in like manner, be transmuted into copper, if they be of them that can apprehend this truth. Every mineral can be made to acquire the density, form, and substance of each and every other mineral. The knowledge thereof is with Us in the Hidden Book."

I have observed that the "Divine Philosophy" was indeed proposed by Dr. Walter Russell which leads us towards radical approach to the transmutation of elements.

Can anyone agree with this?
Interesting. Thank you for sharing rahularya123.
Walter certainly did claim the capability to "transmute" elements. Although technically, Light is the only elemental "substance", of which the elements of the periodic table are all conditions of light, just like ice and vapor are conditions of water.

I still consider myself at a lower-intermediate level, so can not back these claims, although they certainly make sense. Also, I am not all that familiar with the Bahai Faith, so I'm not entirely qualified to answer your question.

However, I do find many correlations with Buddhism and Advaita Vedanta with the Russell's philosophy.
Maybe at some point down the road we could collaborate on a essay or book comparing Russellien science and philosophy with religions, serving as a way to garner interest...
Dear 'johnnyb.doremi'

Thanks for replying to the post. I have deeply read work of Dr. Walter Russell and compared it with all other religions and teachers. You are right about that there is similarity between his work and Advait Vedanta.

I am writing a book in which I am comparing his work in all possible ways. I will be thankful to you if you can suggest something about it.

Baha Faith has over millions of follower over the world. My point was that if we could tell them that the prophecy made by their founder Bahaullah has been fulfilled in its full length as Dr. Walter Russell's teachings provides "Divine Philosophy" for 'transmutation of elements', then we can make his work really famous.

I tried to meet Baha'i people in India and on internet but they are reluctant so far. Most of them are not aware of Dr. Walter Russell work or are very poor in basics of science.

I hope the main people who are dealing with the work of Dr. Walter Russell can try to convince open minded Baha'i people in other countries as well.

Please keep in touch. Thanks.

Love from India.
It may take some time to carefully write out the ideas that have crossed my mind, but I will definitely keep in touch.
As promised... This is what I have so far. I'll work on the Advaita section next, and whatever else arises as I study.

A Comparison with Indian Philosophies in General
The universe did not have a beginning. Slight differences: Walter suggested a steady state universe while Hindus and Buddhist believe the universe goes through cycles of creation and destruction, evolution and involution.

Comparisons with Buddhism
From the Heart Sutra: “Form is emptiness and emptiness is form.” This is equivalent to Walter’s concept that space and matter are the same thing, just different conditions.
Impermanance (one of the "seals of existence"): All bodies in the conditioned/divided/Electric universe are constantly changing forms. Even atoms are not stagnant solid objects, and planets aren't established in their orbits.
From Unit 1 of the Home Study Course (4th Edition):
Walter's instructions for meditation, forgeting about body and thoughts, sound familiar to Dzogchen, where you also train to forget about the body and observe the widening gaps between the thoughts where your true nature is.
Buddha-nature could be an equivalent to expressing God’s nature, both of which are purported to be a person’s authentic source of joy, love, and compassion.
Walter agrees with Buddhists that the brain is just another sense organ like the eyes or ears. “Much confusion arises from the assumption that we are thinking when we are but sensing. The Brain is constantly receiving electric messages from all over the body. Such messages are not mental. They are purely electrical. The produce sensation. The brain senses and records every message and sends counteracting messages to other parts of the body.” (Lesson 4, Sensed Electric Vibrations)
In other words, often when we believe we are thinking, we are actually merely “sensing”. Our thoughts and actions we observe are “second-nature”, automatic responses almost like a reflex (when the doctor hammers you on the knee and you kick, or when you recoil after accidentally touching a hot stove). The only difference is that you are born with reflexes, while other reactions are learned.
He also mentions how our unwholesome thoughts and emotions cause our physical illnesses. “Your body manifests your Mind.” (Lesson 4, Spiritual and Physical Balance) “That is why you should seek God in meditation immediately if you indulge in an angry or even unkind thought. Through meditation you will find balance in the universal love principle before the toxins of the unbalanced conditions you have brought on yourself--which all illnesses are--upset your balanced body rhythms.” (Lesson 3, Love Principle In Action)
This reminds me greatly of Glenn Wallis’ translation of the Dhammapada.
“One should abandon anger...

Troubles do not befall the person
Who, possessing nothing,
does not cling to body and mind.

The person who can restrain
anger that has arisen
like a reckless chariot--
that one I cal a driver.
Other peope just hold on to the reins.” (Chapter 17: Anger, stanzas 221 and 222)

“Fashion a lamp for youslef!
Strive quickly! Become skilled!
Toxins cleansed, free from stain...

Gradually, little by little, moment by moment,
the wise person should flush toxins from himself
as a metalsmith cleanses dross for silver.” (Chapter 18: Toxins, stanzas 238 and 239)
(10-27-2015 09:00 AM)johnnyb.doremi Wrote: [ -> ]As promised... This is what I have so far. I'll work on the Advaita section next, and whatever else arises as I study.

A Comparison with Indian Philosophies in General
The universe did not have a beginning. Slight differences: Walter suggested a steady state universe while Hindus and Buddhist believe the universe goes through cycles of creation and destruction, evolution and involution.

Comparisons with Buddhism
From the Heart Sutra: “Form is emptiness and emptiness is form.” This is equivalent to Walter’s concept that space and matter are the same thing, just different conditions.
Impermanance (one of the "seals of existence"): All bodies in the conditioned/divided/Electric universe are constantly changing forms. Even atoms are not stagnant solid objects, and planets aren't established in their orbits.
From Unit 1 of the Home Study Course (4th Edition):
Walter's instructions for meditation, forgeting about body and thoughts, sound familiar to Dzogchen, where you also train to forget about the body and observe the widening gaps between the thoughts where your true nature is.
Buddha-nature could be an equivalent to expressing God’s nature, both of which are purported to be a person’s authentic source of joy, love, and compassion.
Walter agrees with Buddhists that the brain is just another sense organ like the eyes or ears. “Much confusion arises from the assumption that we are thinking when we are but sensing. The Brain is constantly receiving electric messages from all over the body. Such messages are not mental. They are purely electrical. The produce sensation. The brain senses and records every message and sends counteracting messages to other parts of the body.” (Lesson 4, Sensed Electric Vibrations)
In other words, often when we believe we are thinking, we are actually merely “sensing”. Our thoughts and actions we observe are “second-nature”, automatic responses almost like a reflex (when the doctor hammers you on the knee and you kick, or when you recoil after accidentally touching a hot stove). The only difference is that you are born with reflexes, while other reactions are learned.
He also mentions how our unwholesome thoughts and emotions cause our physical illnesses. “Your body manifests your Mind.” (Lesson 4, Spiritual and Physical Balance) “That is why you should seek God in meditation immediately if you indulge in an angry or even unkind thought. Through meditation you will find balance in the universal love principle before the toxins of the unbalanced conditions you have brought on yourself--which all illnesses are--upset your balanced body rhythms.” (Lesson 3, Love Principle In Action)
This reminds me greatly of Glenn Wallis’ translation of the Dhammapada.
“One should abandon anger...

Troubles do not befall the person
Who, possessing nothing,
does not cling to body and mind.

The person who can restrain
anger that has arisen
like a reckless chariot--
that one I cal a driver.
Other peope just hold on to the reins.” (Chapter 17: Anger, stanzas 221 and 222)

“Fashion a lamp for youslef!
Strive quickly! Become skilled!
Toxins cleansed, free from stain...

Gradually, little by little, moment by moment,
the wise person should flush toxins from himself
as a metalsmith cleanses dross for silver.” (Chapter 18: Toxins, stanzas 238 and 239)

I am so thankful to you for such a beautiful and intelligent comparison. One thing to add in my view the rule of 'Cause and Effect' is also same in Buddhist teachings and Dr. Walter Russell's teaching.

I would eagerly wait for your response about Advait vedanta. We can write together if you don't mind. Let me know if you agree on this.

Thanks.
I'm so glad you found it worth your time! There's definately more where that came from.
By cause and effect, do you mean with Capital letters or lower-cased. If lower-case, then yes, in Indian thought karma could run parallel to the Walter's action-reaction.

I would love to write together. I am curious what kind of time table you have in mind. Right now my priorities are writing whole bunch of music I've had sitting in my skull for years, so I can perform it and get it published. Also, I want to write an extensive analysis on the Myth of "Free Will".
Nonetheless, as I continue reading, I'll jot down notes, and could periodically send them to you.
Reference URL's